Mission, Purpose and Organizational Overview:
The New York State Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (NYSSAAI) was formed in (Insert year). We are an organization that represents all physicians engaged in the allergy, asthma and/or immunology specialty practice of medicine who are licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York. We are a vibrant and active organization that represents physician and patient interests in Albany and in Washington, DC and ensures that the unique interests of New York allergists and immunologists and our patients are aggressively represented with state and national geographic medical societies, as well as with our national specialty societies.
The salient purpose of our organization is five-fold:
- To represent the interests of our members and our patients before state and federal legislative and regulatory bodies;
- To ensure that health insurers reimburse our members fairly and implement coverage policies that ensure that our patients receive optimum access to quality allergy, asthma and immunology services;
- To serve as an educational resource to members, to the public, to our medical colleagues outside our specialty and to policy makers on issues and subjects pertaining to our medical specialty;
- To build coalitions with like-minded physician and patient organizations designed to enhance the practice environment and ensure that our patients receive that highest practicable quality of and access to care;
- To convene and to coordinate in-person, telephonic and electronic meetings and forums for our specialty.
Our organization exists for our members. To maximize our influence and strength in a very positive way, it is absolutely critical that we achieve 100% NYSSAAI membership in our state. To this end, we hope that you will read on and if you are not currently an NYSSAAI member, that you will join today. Working together, we are stronger.
On behalf of NYSSAAI leadership and current membership, we hope you enjoy the information on this website. Thank you very much for your interest.
Brian E. Novick, M.D.
New York State Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology